Monday, June 24, 2013

Mystical Vibe, Big Bear, more Graceland, and Sims 3!

I was hoping to post a little earlier today but my hubby had the day off and I have my priorities! Speaking of today, my sweet husband surprised me by taking me to Big Bear! The ducks were out in force today and really wanted food; so much so that they started chasing each other away in the water! After that, we enjoyed a peaceful boat ride where we nearly fell asleep we were so relaxed! The day came to an end with some delicious Chinese food from Mandarin Lotus in Agoura Hills and episodes of Castle!


Now, onto my music. I said I'd talk about each of my songs and I intend to keep that promise. I'm going to start with "Mystical Vibe". Back when I was 14 and only dreaming of what true love could be like (and pulling from my fictional experience through TV), I wrote this song. The song is about falling hopelessly in love with someone and losing yourself in them. It really does describe the way you do fall in love for the first time as a teen. You completely forget about yourself and your world just revolves around this one person. The song reminds me of Disney World (where I had my first date & kiss) just months after writing this. This song was my teenage fairytale and will always hold a special place in my heart. That's why this song begins my CD. I really felt like it was the beginning of my journey of falling in love. In a cheesy way, it was my first stepping stone to eventually finding my amazing husband. Mystical Vibe releases on my CD "Stepping Stone" July 15th, on iTunes!





Switching topics to my daily TV talk! I watched the most recent Graceland last night and I'm liking where the show is going. Even that actress I was hating is getting better. Thank goodness because she really was painful to watch originally! Now that I know Briggs is being investigated because of "money" stuff, I'm more on his side. Is it weird that when I thought it was for him being a loose cannon, I found it much more likely that he was bad? And now that it's supposedly money related I just don't believe it's true. And how sad that the other guy couldn't put his drugs and CI life behind him and buy that house for himself.

The Sims 3 Island Paradise comes out tomorrow! Is it bad that being on the boat today reminded me that my sims will get to be on a boat tomorrow? I am so excited! My hubby and I are going to run to Best Buy tomorrow morning for the game! I would pre-order but they didn't have that option when I was 9 and I started the tradition way back then of getting it from the store the day it comes out. Well, or at that age, having my mom get it from the store the day it came out.

So that's it for today! I'm assuming I'll be blogging tomorrow but who am I kidding, there is a significant possibility that I'll be too busy sailing my sims away! But hey, it's got to crash sometime right? The game, not the fake boat.

What's your favorite weekend excursion to take? Do you remember the first time you fell in love? Again, is Briggs bad? And how long do you think it will take for Island Paradise to crash? I'm taking bets!




2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that when you first mentioned wanting a boat, my first thought was that your sims would be getting one tomorrow? :)

    ::Makes Best Buy plans::

    Gahhh---spoilers! I need to catch up on Graceland. Fortunately, I'll probably forget all of this by the time I do.

    Hmmm....2 hours, 23 minutes, and 37 seconds. That is my guess for the crash time. That is, assuming you can load it in the first place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mystical Vibe, I'm loving Graceland!

    ReplyDelete