Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Can You Get Seasick from a Computer Game? And is Don Draper dying?

As I predicted, yesterday (and today) I got far too caught up playing The Sims 3 Island Paradise. And hey, my first game crash took only a matter of about 10 minutes! That's always fun. I remember the days when I used to get stressed out that my game wouldn't work. Now I pretty much expect to fight it for the first few hours. Huh. That's actually quite sad. Anyways, here's a picture of my sim on her lovely new houseboat, making out with a co-worker:


I have spent most of my game time today building a resort for my sim to run. I'll show a picture tomorrow when it's done! I'm loving this new game so far, although, I have to say, the boat bobbing continuously is a little hard for me! I think I was getting seasick and dizzy by just watching it! I actually had to step away from the computer yesterday to feel better. I'm happy to say though that I had an easier time today!

I watched the Mad Men season finale last night... It was weird. I'm not really sure what happened exactly or why Don suddenly decided it was time to be honest - especially in the middle of a big meeting that was actually going well. It seemed a little too random. Although, I am curious if he now plans to tell his kids the details of his childhood. How would he break that to them? "Sally. Even though my last name is Draper, it's not really my last name. I stole it. That's right honey. You're not really a Draper." Awkward. And he thought she hated him before? She's a teenager and trying to figure out who she is. This news should really help with that. Not. I felt really bad for Megan when Don told her they weren't moving. He's been so against her career all season and then he tells her they're going to move. She was so happy because California is full of obvious possibilities for a rising actress. So, of course, she gets written off of her current soap opera in New York just in time for Don to come home and say he changed his mind. With her walking out the door, I have to wonder if that's the end of their marriage? Speaking of marriages, I found it funny that Ted decided to sleep with Peggy and then move to California to keep his family together. Sorry Ted but if you're unhappy at home, you're unhappy at home. Moving to California isn't going to change that. He's not like Don Draper, who's just unhappy being Don Draper. Ted actually has specific things in his life that he's not happy about. Why? I have no idea. I guess that's part of the beauty (or lackluster) writing of Mad Men. They don't give you the chance to feel for some of the characters dilemmas. It's one of the few shows where I truly do feel like an outsider looking in. I'm not attached to the characters at all, could care less what happens to them, and yet I am still curious to see what does happen to them.

The one thing I am getting increasingly curious about is Don. Particularly his shaking hands and terrible cough. Does anyone else think he might be dying? I'm not sure of what but he seems to be getting worse and worse; unless it's just the alcohol and cigarettes finally kicking in.

Have you played TS3 Island Paradise yet? Is anyone else getting seasick from it? And what did you think of the Mad Men finale? Or Mad Men in general? Is Don going to tell his kids the truth? Is his marriage over? And will Ted's problems magically go away because of a change in scenery?



No comments:

Post a Comment