Thursday, June 13, 2013

First post: The Sims 3 Island Paradise and Veronica Mars

I should start by saying I have a terrible fear of writing blogs. The perfectionist inside of me questions how I'll write, what I'll write about, and why it's of importance. So here's it goes, I'm going to give it a shot.

Here are the two things that I have to talk about today. The Sims 3: Island Paradise and Veronica Mars.

First off, I am super psyched about Island Paradise!! I've been playing The Sims since the very first one came out...

Cut to flashback:
(Justine is 9 years old struggling in math)
My dad says: "Justine, if you learn your math facts I'll get you a brand new video game!"
A few weeks pass and Justine quickly learns her math facts and heads to Park Meadows mall! The lovely man at the store sees me looking for a game and reaches to the very top shelf.
Salesman: "The Sims is a very fun new game!"
My little hands take the game and suddenly, my life has changed forever.

Cut back to present blog:

I have since owned all of The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3 expansion packs. The real math fact I learned that year was how many Sims games does it take to make my parents go broke? Just kidding... although it was an expensive reward after all of these years!

Back to IP though: I've always wanted boats and since Sims 2 Open for Business, I've always been obsessed with the idea of running a sims business! So that makes me even more excited about running hotels in the new game. I can't wait to play it and I'm sure I'm going to be spending months on it! And if I can make the Titanic as a resort.... Well then, my life will be complete. The game comes out a week from Tuesday on June 25th!

Ok. Onto Veronica Mars. I admit it, I donated a little to the campaign and am keeping track of all of the latest updates! I am super excited about the cast so far and really hope they somehow get Teddy Dunn to reprise his role as Duncan, although I doubt it. I've read he's kind of left the business. But still, a girl can dream!

In the meantime, I'm re-watching the show and I've managed to wrangle both my parents into watching it with me. They were firm haters of the show up until I forced my mom to watch a few weeks ago and suddenly she realizes it was actually good and Veronica had a reason for her AWESOME snarky attitude. (The word awesome was my addition). Then my dad sat down for "Wrath of Con" and suddenly he became hooked. I feel super proud to have converted them into fans! I've done this with my mom before. She hated Chuck (which became her favorite show), Roswell, and Buffy! What can I say, it's a gift!

So questions to my 0 followers at the moment, do you want Teddy Dunn back? What video game have you been playing since you were little? And was there ever a show that a friend hated that you made them fall in love with?

Final thing to add. Here's a picture of me and my adorable pet bun bun, Willow! She really does have me under her spell!



4 comments:

  1. I realllly want Teddy Dunn back. I admit...I still ship Duncan/Veronica. (Do they have a ship name? Vercan? Dunica? ;)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always shipped them too! Although, I also ship Love. I guess I'm a little bit conflicted. ;)

      Delete
  2. I just want Veronica back. could you work on buffy next?

    ReplyDelete