Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Sims 4 Trailer & Gameplay!


The Sims 4 trailer has been released and I really want to share my excitement with someone. It's practically impossible because it seems like the majority of fans online are complaining about the graphics. I guess I'm not a true gamer as this just doesn't matter much to me. To me, these sims look like the sims from The Sims 2 trailer that we never actually saw in game. So, to finally have that is awesome! People think they look too cartoony. I'm curious as to what everyone expected animated people to look like in a computer game? I think they look like Sims still and I'm happy with that.



After watching the walk through, I'm so excited for Sims to finally have emotions! My sims can finally react to the world around them and actually be affected. Yes, we had moodlets before, but all that really affected was whether or not they were unwilling to do things or not. Now they can feel confident or angry or sad or flirty, etc. Judging by the quick mentions in Create a Sim, it sounds like they'll still have customizable personalities too. I didn't see height adjustments which is slightly annoying but there's a lot of other incredible customization available. I'll hold out hope for the height customization until they give us a definite no.

I don't want to get too excited about all of the things I want in the game. To be honest, having started with the original Sims, and then continued to The Sims 2 and 3, I've done the whole: "What?! This is not what I was expecting. Sniffle," game. When the Sims 2 was announced, I was 12 and super excited. When it actually came out, looked nothing like that "New Generation" trailer, I tried it, I was 13 and like "What the heck? I can't do X, Y, and Z." Of course, as I adjusted to the game, I one day decided to pop back in the original Sims disc and realized how much cooler The Sims 2 was. Then in 2009, The Sims 3 came out. I couldn't actually get the game to look good or play properly on my computer so it actually took me about a year to be able to play, thanks to the NRASS No disc mod. By then, I was so excited that it was actually working, that I could care less that it didn't have many of the awesome features of The Sims 2.

Now, it's time for The Sims 4. The only thing I've decided I'll be disappointed about is if I can't get it to work on my computer. NRASS isn't going to be making mods for this one... I think that's actually my biggest disappointment. No certainty that I'll be able to play. But, fingers crossed! Besides that, I'm just excited about what they've decided to do with this version.

The Sims are evolving - whether you choose to enjoy their evolution is up to you.

The Sims, CAS (Create-a-Sim)
The Sims 2, CAS
The Sims 3, CAS
The Sims 4, CAS

The Sims 4 is now available for pre order and releases in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment