Sunday, April 6, 2014

Restaurant Floor Plans...and wait, We're Taking a Vacation?

This past week, we were constantly discussing with our contractor the floor plan and the use of soffits. Therefore, I took it upon myself to make a 3D design of his floor plan.

This was the first time we got a look at what our restaurant would actually look like! It was exciting to finally see our vision come to life. Of course, certain things may be subject to slight alterations, but we expect the final product to look fairly similar to these images. Our restaurant will seat around 80 customers, between our indoor and spacious outdoor seating.



Yesterday, we took a drive over to the restaurant to see what had happened so far. The metal walls were all stacked inside, ready to go, and the floor was chalked up with lines for each wall and the soffits. I'd be lying if I said we didn't pretend to sit in the seats and hand invisible plates over the pass. We also couldn't resist the chance to write on the bare walls - "Gwith and Justine Were Here - 2014".




There's not a lot more restaurant news to report at this point. Everything is progressing well and I can't wait to share more photos once the walls are built up!

In the meantime, Gwith and I are planning our first trip to Europe as a couple. We were originally planning to go for our anniversary this year, however, since we're opening the restaurant, we decided to go before. Next month, we'll be going to Italy, Switzerland, France, and Belgium! I'm excited for everything but Gwith is most excited to eat chocolate in Belgium and Switzerland, bologna in Bologna, and a croissant in Paris. He's a chef, so what else can you expect! We'll be doing a cheese and wine tour in Florence, which should satisfy his craving to try the wines and my craving to eat as much cheese as physically possible. I'll also be enjoying the many gluten free options that Italy has to offer. Apparently, they're very GF friendly! I can't wait to have a GF pizza in Italy!

Our other trip highlight includes a dinner cruise along the Siene River. After taking a dinner cruise on the bay in San Francisco, I decided that we now have to take dinner cruises in every beautiful city that offers one. Words cannot describe how excited I am to ride along the river, looking at Paris lit up at night. It seems magical, just dreaming about it.

By the time we've arrived back, I'm assuming the restaurant will have progressed quite a bit. As much as I love seeing it day by day, it will be incredibly cool to see it jump from one look to another in a matter of weeks!


Reserve Now

30990 Russell Ranch Rd Unit C, Westlake Village, CA 91362
© 2014 Aroha Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment